Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cars and Ireland

Hello all those who manage to stumble upon this blog of mine. A while ago (I'm not sure how long, because I have no sense of time) I told you all my story about my lack of a driver's license. Well I am pleased to say that, thanks to a wonderful friend of mine and my sister, I not only have my license, but a car! Exciting stuff. It is still a bit strange for me to be driving after so long of walking everywhere, but I am getting used to all of this 'having a car' stuff. It is very nice though, to finally be able to go where I want without having to rely on others.

So in other news, I have found another possibly out of my reach trip of a lifetime. It is a field school in Ireland (the place I want to go to above all others). Since it is a field school it will be constant geology work, which is fine. This is something that will put me ahead when looking for a job in this field. It would be a great experience and I am trying whatever I can to go.

Naturally I have a voice in my head telling me that it is too expensive and I shouldn't do it, but honestly I am tired of that voice. I am tired of these opportunities passing me by. I say that and I am very aware that there is still a good chance that I will not be able to go. *sigh* I am trying. I will know more in the next few weeks. I am meeting with someone in the International Studies office soon, so we'll see how that goes.

Until nex time!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you go. I know it is expensive, but it's a good opportunity. I would hate to think you would regret passing it up. However, if it doesn't work out, I know you will have other chances to go!
    Glad you got your licence and car :)

    ReplyDelete